Ethiopian Athletics Federation has named a team of 43 athletes, including reserves, who will represent the country at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.According to a statement the Federation sent to FBC today, the flowing athletes were selected for Rio.
1. Lemi Berhanu 2. Tesfaye Abara 3. Feyisa Lelisa 4. Lelisa Desisa (reserve)
1. Tigist Tufa 2. Mare Dibaba 3. Tirfi Tsegaye 4.Aberu Kebede (reserve)
1. Yigerem Demelash 2. Tamirat Tola 3. Abadi Haddis 4. Ibrahim Jeilan (reserve)
1. Almaz Ayana 2. Gelete Burka 3. Tirunesh Dibaba 4.Netsanet Gudeta (reserve)
1. Muktar Idris 2. Dejene Gebremeskel 3.Hagos Gebrehiwot 4.Abadi Haddis (reserve)
1. Almaz Ayana 2. Senbere Teferi 3. Ababl Yeshaneh 4. Tirunesh Dibaba (reserve)
1. Tafese Seboka 2. Chala Beyou 3. Hailemariam Amare 4. Berhanu Getahun (reserve)
1. Sofia Asefa 2. Hiwot Ayalew 3. Etenesh Diro 4. Woinshet Ansa (reserve)
1. Aman Wote 2. Mekonnen Gebremedhin 3. Dawit Wolde
1. Genezebe Dibaba 2. Dawit Seyoum 3. Besu Sado 4. Gudaf Tsegaye (reserve)
1. Habtam Alemu 2. Gudaf Tsegaye 3. Tigist Asefa
Mohammed Aman is the only athlete chosen to represent his country in men’s 800m event.
Yehuwalaye Beletew and Askale Tiksa were named in women’s 20km race walk.